My thanks to the Lua team for this version, and for Lua in general.

And then to the bug (?) report ;-)

luaL_openlib seems to leave one item to the stack (the table
containing the library), and functions like lua_baselibopen,
lua_mathlibopen and lua_tablibopen leave the table
on stack. I think this did not happen with Lua5(alpha)?
I noticed this when my stack started to fill suspiciously.

An other thing I noticed while checking this:
The 5(alpha) did completely regenerate the table of the library
in loadlib, but 5(beta) reuses the table, and just
adds items to it. In some sense I find the alpha behaviour
cleaner.

		best regards,

			Eero