> I just noticed that after a lua_open(), two fields remain uninitialized:
> L->next and L->gclist. With allocators that fill memory with some non-zero
> mark, this could cause problems.

These fields are not used in the main thread (the one created by
lua_open), so there is no problem at all. (The testbed for Lua uses an
allocator that fills memory with non-zero marks. valgrind, another tool
we use to test Lua, warns if we try to use uninitialized values.) But we
will initialize them to avoid enventual warnings in other tools.

-- Roberto