Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
> The scheme for loading compiled libraries that is in the wiki does
> something
> similar. Perhaps lua_version can be useful there too.

Hmm... I don't see clearly how that can be usefull.

loadmodule checks the version before registering the library, so the library
itself does not have to check it again.

By the way, a patch that adds loadmodule to lua-5.0-beta is here:

http://talika.eii.us.es/~titan/lua/lua-5.0-beta-loadmodule-2002-12-18.patch

It's not fully tested, so use it with care. I will announce it officially as
soon as I test it more throughfully. However, I'd like to encourage everyone
writting lua extensions for 5.0, to support for it, it's really easy and a
lot of users will be gratified.

Ignacio Castaño
castanyo@yahoo.es

Yahoo! Sorteos
Consulta si tu número ha sido premiado en
Yahoo! Sorteos http://loteria.yahoo.es