>>> alex.crowther@tcm.co.uk 12/11/02 06:45 AM >>>

> I am told lua 5 (currently an alpha version) has a funky new component

> called coroutines.

I wouldn't really call it "funky" though it is fairly new and so
somewhat in flux.  You can find the details of the coroutine library,
the announcement that has the web page of the Lua 5.0 Alpha and a recent
announcement of some of the changes planned for coroutines for the Lua
5.0 beta by searching the message archive. The archive can be found at
lua-users.org.

If I understand correctly  the beta version will be out very soon. You
might be better off waiting a bit and using that when it is announced,
as the changes to the coroutine library are fairly substantial.

  - Tom Wrensch