(http://www.suse.com/us/private/
> support/howto/secprog/secprog3.html#tmpf). It would be a very good idea to
> switch to mkstemp, or if this is non-standard, at least allow it as an
> compile-time option.

I think this is more connected to the danger of tmpname potentially
returning a name that already exists from a second application calling
tmpname at the same time.

io.tmpfile was added as an alternative solution to this problem.

Love, Light and Peace,
- Peter Loveday
Director of Development, eyeon Software