I was just testing a lua source file which was encoded in UTF8.
The cut and paste into my post to the list didn't show up right.

This relates to the last item in lua+Steven.Murdoch@cl.cam.ac.uk
nice summary post.

I'm impressed you guys did a wide character version.. maybe you
should just dump that out into the community and let the people
who use it keep it up to date? I'd like to play with that if
I could... I've been working on some apps for a PocketPC device
and see some uses for Lua. But I'd like it to use a version that
supports Unicode strings since PocketPC apps really have to be
localized.

Regards,
Jim