Hi Christian,

>regardless of whether LuaJava is thread-safe, Lua 4.0 itself is
>not. So, even if LuaJava were meade thread-safe now, you still could
>not accomplish what you want to do with the current stable version of
>Lua.

Hmmm, in that case one should withdraw any LuaJava examples
dealing with AWT event handlers as they lead to the impres-
sion, that one could script graphical user interfaces - and
this seems to be wrong  (AWT and Swing rely on multi-threa-
ding)

>You *can*, however, use multiple Java threads, as long as you take
>care that LuaJava has interactions with only a single thread, which
>always must be the same one.

Hmmm, this might be a condition  which I can't meet - but I
have to think over it.  Nevertheless,  the lack of  thread-
safety is a very severe restriction of LuaJava...

Thanks anyway for your important(!) remark!

Kind regards,

Andreas Rozek         Phone:  ++49 (7031) 222305
Bunsenstraße 82       Fax:    -
D-71032 Böblingen     EMail:  A.Rozek@GMX.De
Germany               URL:    http://www.Andreas-Rozek.de