Fine - I'm glad you as the authors are taking some sides here.

But...

Just calling one function in the C dll/so from Lua is not enough. Have you
got plans on how the C code will actually interact with the Lua engine
(where it's being called from).

If you plan to pass on a 'lua_State*' pointer, you are counting on the
module to directly tamper with the internal data structures of the Engine.
This won't work across different Lua versions. Do all the modules being used
need to match the Engine using them?

Or do you plan on providing a limited set of features that are supposed to
remain binary compatible (in the Engine) also in the future?

-ak