>   Put the emphasis on embedding

That's the first sentence in Lua's description:

 Lua is a powerful light-weight programming language designed for
 extending applications.

Or do you mean "embedded" as in "embedded systems", that is, small machines,
such as network switches or robots or microwave ovens?

>   The difficulty Lua faces is that its target task of extreme
>   embeddability is relatively unexplored territory. I think that
>   injecting a few novel ideas about embeddability into Lua will help
>   people to see that it is not a trivial task and deserves special
>   treatment.

Could you be more specific on what those ideas might be? We're definitely
interested in seeing Lua used in small machines but we have little experience
with those.

Thanks.
--lhf