[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: lua-5.0: userdata confusion
- From: Andrzej Borsuk <andrzej.borsuk@...>
- Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 11:31:24 +0100
This is my first post to lua-l. Sorry about my english, but its not my
I have begun porting my little (unfinished) applications from lua-4.0 to
lua-5.0, but I have found big problem with userdata incompatibility
between versions 4 and 5.
Under lua-4.0 I have make heavy usage of tagged userdata. Almost any
data created by my applications was stored in lua and then handled by
Under lua-5 there is no lua_pushusertag, so I can not store pointers to
structures created by external libraries (postgresql, xlib, gtk etc).
* lua_newuserdata() is not what I need, because I already have
* lua_pushlightuserdata() have no sense for me, because I need to
know something about stored pointer and realy need use garbage
* I have found lua_boxpointer() macro but it has no use for me (just
imagine what will happen when you use boxpointer twice for the
same data pointer -- it can happen when you use callbacks -- now
try to use garbagecollector).
I really have no idea how to solve this problem, Help!
\/>) Proszę wysyłać na moje podstawowe konto