I also found more interesting things regarding VC 6.0
>From a dll, I needed to export some functions to be
used from VBA. As may be known, VBA cannot call
c++ functions, because ´mangling´, but the main module
of the library is essencially c++ because it defines and
uses a class, and uses a class defined into another module.
The whole thing was not easy to uncover, and in the mean
time a had the intended interface routines inside the main
module. When I started to understand what was on the
way, I tried a first, simple approach: changing only the
´calling convention´ for the VBA´s interfaces, but leaving
all them in the same header and module.
And it worked !!!
Atacched is the header. May be ( I not tried it ) the
only place to declare these routines as _stdcall could be
the header. But the whole thing is that VC is able to
generate mangled and unmangled names from a unique
module, and also, with two different calling conventions.
It´s a crazyness !
I hope this migth help to VC developers ... I use it only
for this kind of things, By the way, I am attaching also
the def file . The only routines this file must mention are
the ones to serve VB or VBA. If you are to call the
library from a C/C++ program, it´s enough to include
the header !!! and call the functions prefixed with c,
of course