--- In lua-l@y..., benjamts <benjamts@s...> wrote:
> Does it give the same error message when you use the extern "C"
line? if
> not, what different message does it give?
>
> Ben
>
> On Wed, 6 Nov 2002, Keith wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am having problems getting my project to link with lua.
> > I keep getting unresolved extern error messages no matter what I
do. "unresolved external symbol _lua_open"
> > I am using MS VC++ 6.00 and have set my project setting as I
normally do to link in statically linked libs.

> > I have also tried using:
> >
> > extern "C"

Hi,....
ok to be precise, using the extern "C", I get a simillar but shorter
message:
 "unresolved external symbol _lua_open"
whereas without the extern "C", I get:
 "unresolved external symbol "struct lua_State * __cdecl lua_open
(int)" (?lua_open@@YAPAUlua_State@@H@Z)"