Hello,

We are currently developping a debugger (yes, another one :-). When I say
"debugger", I hear "breakpoints". But then, when placing breakpoints inside
an editor, not all lines in the text generate bytecode. Therefore, it is
possible that some breakpoints will never be triggered. Is there a way for
the host to know if a given line in a script actually generates code, so
that we can accept only valid lines as breakpoint locations in the editor ?

For example:

1	if test
2	then
3		block
4	end

lines 1 and 3 will probably generate code, but will lines 2 and 4 generate
code as well ?

Regards,

Benoit.