Christian Vogler wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 11:25:14AM -0700, C.S. Brooks wrote:
> > What do upvalues do? How do they work? Where might I use them?

/snip

Apart from what Christian mentioned there are also "upvalues"
in the C api of Lua. When you add a C function to the lua
state, you can give it "upvalues", which are a bit like hidden
parameters that you can fetch later, when your function is called.
They are very useful for integration with C++ or for other forms
of OOP programming in Lua.

Daniel Remar.
Björn De Meyer
bjorn.demeyer@pandora.be