Yes, I've allocated a portion of memory just for Lua's use. You have to
override sbrk in the dlmalloc code. Right near the bottom of dlmalloc.c
there is a Win32 version, and a MacOS version commented out. I used that one
as a starting point.

John Donovan
Programmer - Magenta Software Ltd.

The content of this message and any attached file are confidential and/or
privileged and are for the intended recipient only. If you are not the
intended recipient, any unauthorised use, disclosure, copying, distribution
or other dissemination is strictly prohibited. If you receive this message
in error please notify the sender immediately by email, telephone or fax and
then delete this email. Any attachment with this message should be checked
for viruses before it is opened.  Magenta Software Limited cannot be held
responsible for any failure by the recipient to check for viruses before
opening any attachment. Copyright in this email and attachments created by
us belongs to Magenta Software Limited. Should you communicate with anyone
at Magenta Software Limited by email you consent to us monitoring and
reading any such correspondence.