At 23.45 05/10/02 +0200, Björn De Meyer wrote:
>- use <br> in stead of \n. Postprocess with gsub.

Avoiding post-processing in long constant strings was the whole point.

>However, string concatenation
>is slow in many scripting languages. I doubt VB is that much faster
>than Lua in this aspect. This is a performance problem that may
>need some extra attention, but has no easy solution.

I don't know about VB; I'll run some tests with QBasic or VBD and see what
comes out.

What's wrong with my suggestion to use extra allocation and reference
counting for strings? (I am not a language designer, so please don't hit me
too hard if the answer is obvious).

  Enrico