(Sorry for the delay; this message was lost somewhere in my machine...)

> The 5.0work0 version of the manual, in the section on threads, makes a
> rather ominous reference to the need for "synchronizing the different
> stacks in C". What does this refer to?

Lua may keep multiple Lua stacks, but it does not keep multiple C
stacks. So, if you want to use multiple threads, you must somehow make
sure that the C stacks are "ok". That is, every time you resume a Lua
stack, the C stack must be at the same level that it was when that stack
stopped.

-- Roberto