Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote in
200209131406.LAA16971@lua.tecgraf.puc-rio.br:">news:200209131406.LAA16971@lua.tecgraf.puc-rio.br:

>>Nobody reacted to this logo stuff...
>
> Yes... :-(
>
>>What sport events? ;-)
>
> I meant the World Cup, of course. But you knew that already...

Well, I figured out :-) You mean Football (soccer for US guys) World Cup,
of course. Some other sports held mondial competitions ;-)

> Yes, the logo is temporary. In http://www.lua.org/news.html it is called
> a commemorative logo: 5 starts to celebrate Lua 5.0 and the fifth time
> Brazil wins the World Cup. Just a bit of Postscript programming fun...

Ah, OK, the symbolics of these stars escaped me. Nice :-)
I didn't made the connection between Brazil winning the World Cup (we
French kind of loose interest in the competition after the France left out
quite in shame... And I am not a foot fan anyway) and you guys being
Brazilians :-P

Glad to read it is temporary ;-)
The real logo is nice and simple, that's why it is strong.

Regards.

--
Philippe Lhoste (Paris -- France)