Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote in
news:200208151559.MAA31497@lua.tecgraf.puc-rio.br:

> Lua 5.0 (alpha) is now available for downloading at
>      http://www.lua.org/ftp/lua-5.0-alpha.tar.gz
>      ftp://ftp.lua.org/lua-5.0-alpha.tar.gz
> The mirror sites will be updated automatically by their own robots soon.
[snip]
> The tarball contains complete documentation in HTML, including an
> updated reference manual and a new logo to celebrate recent sport events
> :-). Printable versions of the manual in PS and PDF are available at
>      http://www.lua.org/ftp/refman-5.0-alpha.ps.gz
>      http://www.lua.org/ftp/refman-5.0-alpha.pdf
> and soon at the mirror sites.
[snip]
> Please take some time to read the manual, as this is a major new
> release. The manual still needs work: it is incomplete in parts but
> hopefully it does not says false things.

Nobody reacted to this logo stuff... Probably because people here are more
interested in programming stuff than in graphic design :-)

I don't like it much :-(

The yellow Lua doesn't seems to fit, perhaps because I am used to the
previous version. But it stands out too much.
And I don't see the use of these stars, except as a placeholder for text.
But then, this placeholder wasn't needed before, and text was successfully
placed on the orbit before.

What sport events? ;-) National (Brazil) or international? Perhaps you are
thinking about the world marbles on sand championship
<http://www.worldmarbles.com/pagesfr/finale2001.htm>? :-)

I just hope this is a temporary logo. At least, it is not yet on the Web
pages... Otherwise, well, I can live with it...

Regards.

--
Philippe Lhoste (Paris -- France)