John Mckenna wrote:
> It's not what you're asking for, but here's some functions that I've been
> using (I prefer to use pure Lua).  They assume little-endian data, as
that's
> what we use.  You can easily change that if you like (or even add a flag).
>
> It was originally written for Yindo, which has an ancient version of Lua.
> I've changed the reading functions, but haven't tested the new version.
But
> it used to work, and the changes were trivial.

Thanks! I think this will do the trick by now.

Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
> I've been working on a pack/unpack library. What I've done is at
> http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/~lhf/ftp/pack.tar.gz
> It's useable.

However, the pack/unpack approach seems to be the right thing to do. It
lacks of unsigned types, but that's easy to add. I will also extend the
pattern to include a separator and a counter to have patterns like this:
"3f_4ub". It's trivial to implement, but if you are interested I can post
the results.

Ignacio Castaño
castanyo@yahoo.es

Yahoo! Messenger