Suppose I want to print the string following
three line string in lua:
Hello brackets!
[[]
How are you?

Then it's impossible to do this using the
following single long string:
[[
Hello brackets!
[[]
How are you?]]]]

As the two final brackets will be added in the string.

The lua lexer tries to balance opening [[ with ]],
to allow for nesting comments. However, this balancing
has some quirky effects when using [[ in such a long string.
It's a a minor quirk that I wanted to point out. Maybe it
would be better not to try and match the [[]] brackets?
Or only match[[ bracets with ]] when in a comment?

Daniel Remar.
Björn De Meyer
bjorn.demeyer@pandora.be