> >Right now, I'm currently studying
> >the impact of Lua changing to a
> >register-oriented VM instead of a
> >stack-based model.
>
> I'm curious: why would this change have an
> impact on your application, except that
> it's faster? :-)

I should have been clearer.  I'm not concerned about the register-based VM
impacting on my applications.  The "impact" is only on my mental model of
Lua.

If I had  guess that there could be an impact in terms of program size-- in
my world, I'm generally more concerned about size than speed.  Is the code
generated for the new VM generally smaller, larger, or the same as for the
old?

I'm also just generically curious about this change.  What led to it?  What
are the tradeoffs?