----- Original Message -----
From: "Nick Trout" <Nick.Trout@warthog.co.uk>
To: "Multiple recipients of list" <lua-l@tecgraf.puc-rio.br>
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2002 10:27 AM
Subject: RE: Setting up Lua for Visual C++ 6

> > I get that same
> > "LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib "LIBC" conflicts with use
> > of other libs;
> > use /NODEFAULTLIB:library"
> > warning when I compile debug-enabled code with a non-debug
> > Lua library.
> > Haven't bothered to find where to switch it off (does someone
> > know?) since
> > it doesn't trouble that much.
>
> Sounds to me like you're linking single threaded and multithreaded
libraries
> together. Go into the project settings and under (I think) code
generation -
> make it all single or multi. You'll need to do this for debug and release
> settings.

If this doesn't work, try going into the project settings for the libraries,
and under the Library tab, add a "/nodefaultlib" to the Project Options
section.

You can also add a line to the source to do this:

#pragma comment(linker, "/nodefaultlib")

Note, if you try the #pramga option, be sure to add it to an include file
that
ONLY the library(s) use.  If your main project uses this line you'll run
into
other issues.

I should point out that the above warning is harmless (if just not annoying)
most of the time.

Kelmar K. Firesun (IRL: Bryce Simonds)