> I put a document generator in Doris (selfdoc.lua in doris/src). I'm trying
> to document version 0.5 for release fairly soon. It "inverts" the code thats
> commented "--!" and executes it to generate the docs. It also generates an
> index, has groups, nice fomatting :-) . May be useful?

It certainly looks interesting. I'd be interested to hear other people's
opinions, as I've not used *Doc systems much. This one is flexible, and
makes good use of Lua's lightweight string/table syntax, but I'm wondering
if it's too flexible (i.e. confusing) and whether the syntax is
lightweight enough to be reasonably easy to read in an editor.

I can certainly see myself being convinced. I think the main thing it
would take is a very simple (and reasonably strict) set of "tags".

--
http://www.mupsych.org/~rrt/
penitent, a.  undergoing or awaiting punishment (Bierce)