> If you plainly ask me what I did not like to Lua, is its "pascualish"
> sintax. Im a beleiver in
> if() { } and not in if - then - end. Brackets add more clarity and
> efficinecy. But this is an extremly minor thing, considering it's other
> advantages.

Some share this idea, I don't care, even if I like C conciseness.
Now, I did a little Pascal and a lot of Basic :-)

> Due to fallbacks and tag methods , I can adapt it to my needs

Say, you aren't planning to use the 3.2 version, aren't you? Fallback term
isn't used since the 4.0 version, they are quite obsolete...

> with extremly few modifications to the core of VM . Not to mention  that I
> can use it as well to simply parse and implement complex NPC templates
and
> Weapon templates using multiple inheritance, store special effects
> templates, mood templates, apart from Npc,Camera, and level goals/flow
> scripting . All AI code is C++, however, callbacks to scripts will be
> employed for certain events. (Ya, the code is intended to go into a game).

NPC, weapon, AI. We shouldn't have guessed :-)

> >> be useful to yourself, should you find yourself loosing the  faith
>
> It wont happen. Should I integrate it and hand  over to other ppl a sintax
> and command draft to begin level scripting , there is no way back. But I
am
> very confident Lua won't dissapoint me at all. Ahh and another thing.  Lua
> aint overbloated and "feature" packed like many other scripting languages
> out there. Simple things are like diamonds.

I believe many people here share the same idea. Python, eg., is interesting,
but quite daunting when you have to download 8MB just to try a little
script... At least on Windows. There may be smaller packages, without all the
libraries, but they are hard to find. And I doubt it will beat the size of Lua...

Regards.

--
Philippe Lhoste (Paris -- France)

http://www.gmx.net