On Thursday, August 8, 2002, at 08:41  PM, Thatcher Ulrich wrote:
On Aug 08, 2002 at 07:39 -0700, Steve Dekorte wrote:
I remember reading that the new versions of Lua will have coroutines

Yes...

and something about this involving some platform specific assembly.

No.  That's a different kind of co-routine.  The "coroutine" feature
planned for Lua 5.0 is implemented by the VM interpreter and only
applies to interpreted Lua code.

I see.

The coroutines that require a bit of
assembly are a different animal; they can work on conventional
compiled C code.  AFAIK that type of coroutine is not planned to be
added to Lua.  If you want such a thing, it should be very easy to add
it yourself using Edgar Toernig's coro library:
http://www.goron.de/~froese/coro/coro.html

Thanks for the pointer. Looks like froese's lib is for Linux only. I also found the gnu pth library which is multi-platofrm but it's a bit large. Anyone know of a small multiplatform coro library?

Steve