Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:

> >Unfortunately not at the moment.  The parser relies on the fact that
> >the GC will not be invoked during compilation.
>
>[...] But GC is not the only problem.
> The real problem is that Lua code cannot be run during parsing; several
> data structures are in a unfinished state.

I checked it once.  Iirc, the only problems were strings and Protos
referenced only by internal parser structures (unknown to the GC and
may thus be collected).  The Protos are incomplete and the GC may
choke.  But I can't remember anything else that would prohibit running
Lua code.  (In fact, when the parser issues an error it may call Lua
code...)

Ciao, ET.