>  Mon, 29 Jul 2002 13:38:16 -0300
>  Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
>
>  >lua_dolines(lua_State *L, char *fname, FILE *f, int *lineno)
>  >
>  >to the Lua API in order to be able to execute Lua code from an already
>  >open file until '$' is encountered.
>
>  In Lua 5.0, chunks are loaded via a single API function, lua_load, which
>  receives a user function that handles blocks of bytes to Lua's core for
>  parsing (or undumping). This should make it easy to support applications
>  like the one you describe.

This appears  to be a good solution.  So, we will stay  with the patch
and start our development with Lua-4.0.1,  and I am quite sure that it
will be easy then to switch to Lua-5.x if it will be official.

As long as 4.0.1 is official, I will keep  the patch on the wiki and
add "will be obsoleted by lua_load in 5.0" as Author's position.

Juergen Fuhrmann

                             Numerical Mathematics & Scientific Computing
               Weierstrass Institute for Applied Analysis and Stochastics
   Mohrenstr. 39 10117 Berlin    fon:+49 30 20372560   fax:+49 30 2044975
http://www.wias-berlin.de/~fuhrmann        mailto:fuhrmann@wias-berlin.de