This is the case. The debugger state is stored in the registry of the lua
state.

> But what if user wants to set breakpoint during program
> execution? or do a
> execution break?

No problem, I have set up a tcp/ip socket which is polled inside the line
hook: the interface can send whatever commands it wants, the debugger will
be updated at tne next line hook call. The drawback I see is that socket
polling might slow down the state's execution quite mightily, along with the
table lookup so see if a breakpoint is encountered. But I am not done
implementing the stuff, so no benchmarking has benn done so far.

> I have to ask debugging editor about every execution line in
> that situation.
> Cheers

Regards,

Benoit.