> Uhh... sure you want that?

No ;-) On the other hand, order tag methods are much less useful without
a corresponding equality operator.

> I_M_HO even the partial ordering stuff is overkill for Lua

At one hand we agree. On the other hand, we felt "forced" towards
partial ordering by the NaN issue. Lua must give "correct" results
(whatever the machine considers correct) for NaN comparisons. That means
that primitive types may have a non-total order in Lua. Now, if you
want to compare two tables by comparing their "x" fields, you may want
similar results (that is, if a.x == NaN, then `a<=a' should be false...)

A tempting option would be to remove the whole order tag method stuff ;-)

-- Roberto