I'm interested in having Lua define the behavior of all the objects in my
game world (the world itself, the characters, different sectors, particles,
etc). I have different C++ objects representing the different objects in the
world whose logic needs to be defined; these objects can respond to
different sorts of events ("object_touched", "sector_entered",
"timer_expired" ... that sort of thing), and one particular script should
have access to a select set of member functions on the specific object that
it's written for (that is, a script written for a sector should not have
access to an enemy character's functions). These scripts will be loaded and
the correct set of functions on the particular object that owns the script
will be exposed (I'm not sure how this part works, hence my question) at
runtime. How do I do this?

Thanks,
Tim
--