On Tuesday, June 18, 2002, at 12:11 PM, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
let the lua authors evaluate the well presented claims on the page.

Perhaps a kind soul has the time for this. If someone comes up with a better hash algorithm than the one used in Lua and has established that it is better in Lua, we'd be happy to consider adding it to the code, but please make sure
that it's not slower than the current one.
--lhf

I ran across a paper that found that moving the last accessed entry to the front of the bucket significantly improved performance for typical usage cases. Does lua already use this trick?

Cheers,
Steve