Joshua Jensen wrote:

Also, for the record, I don't have a problem with varargs in lua_open(). But I think it looks gross to most C++ programmers, which might explain the negative reactions.

Also remember that varargs will be a pain for anybody using Lua in a
language other than C.

Full agree...

Please don't use varargs in crtical function, I program in Pascal and couldn't use it. I've already problems with "lua_push*fstring" but I can use other function so... but if you use it in lua_open I can't use lua at all.

I think the power of Lua is not only in portability across system but also in portability across language.

Thanks to care about no-C programers

Tom

--
Thomas Lavergne                       "Le vrai rêveur est celui qui rêve
                                      de l'impossible."  (Elsa Triolet)