I just thought I'd mention that I compiled lua-5.0-work0 with readline
support like it says to do in the config file, but it didn't want to
link until I linked in curses support as well.

I didn't notice this mentioned in the config file or in the list, so I
thought I'd point it out. I'm not sure if that's supposed to be common
knowledge or not, though. This is the first time that I've ever used
that library. I thought perhaps you might want to mention in the
config file that it might be required.

I'm using slackware 8, by the by.