> You were lucky, I had about 1 second pause during GC in my
> game. Ouch! I managed to reduce it down to average 80-90, but
> still, not good enough. That was why I started incremental
> hacking without a hesitate, but it turned out to be more
> tricky than I had expected.

Mine was worse before I moved a ton of information into other Lua states
and wrote callback functions to access one state's information from
another.  In one case, a:

const BodyParts =
{
}

(const is an added keyword discussed in the past...)

In the front of a huge 3 megabyte table (in memory) would've saved
collection times of over 300 milliseconds...

Josh