I'm in 100% agreement with Jason on this.  Small things like this really
do help with the longer term view of getting Lua adopted -- the easier
it is to integrate into projects, the less resistance there will be, and
forcing people to edit the code every time there's an update is a bit
much to ask.  Of course, hardcore Lua-files won't have a problem with
it, but they're not the people that we're trying to evangelize.

Brian