Hi, all!

I'm new to Lua and just evaluating it for the first project. I understand
the concept is to "embed" it within a stand-alone application and this is
what I'm doing. However - the more intuitive model for this case would be
another road, as follows:

1. I'd use a generic "lua interpreter" (like the one provided in the
package)

2. In the lua scripts run through that interpreter, they'd say "load
my_extensions.so" (or something like that), dynamically linking to the
functions etc. resources within the ".so".

This isn't possible with the current implementation, right?

If I do extensions, I have to complain the full lua engine into the app as
well. This might lead to situations where there are several engines
(probably of different version) on a system at once, each for a separate
task and with its own extensions. Somehow, I feel more at home if I had one
language engine and "libraries" (althoug implemented in C) for that.

Does anyone share these ideas and has this been discussed already?

- Asko

Btw, the language itself I like a _lot_ - thanks for the authors!!!   :)

--
Asko Kauppi
Flextronics Design Finland