Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:

> We have decided to release future versions of Lua under the MIT
> license.

That is good news! You have my full support. I must
nitpick at a little detail, though. According to the FSF, this license
should be called  the "Expat" license bacuse there is supposedly some
ambiguity with  the name "MIT" license. Let me quote from
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html.

: Expat license.
:    This is a simple, permissive non-copyleft free software license,
:    compatible with the GNU GPL. It is sometime ambiguously
:    referred to as the MIT License.

Anyway, any which way you call the license, I really appreciate it.

Daniel Remar.
Björn De Meyer
bjorn.demeyer@pandora.be