I just have to say that it's a little sad how much
conversation licensing can generate relative to the
actual technical questions or productive work.

Not like it's the first license related tirade either...

A bad license IS probably the worst thing that could
happen to Lua, but can you just relax and have some faith.
The day Lua goes GPL is the day I start breaking the law
or start writing a replacement, very inconvenient. I suppose
I could just use the older version and that license and
feign knowledge of any updated license if I had to. Just
a little tired of the gpl monkeys... get off my back! ;p

P.S. I don't want to hear why you think GPL is great.