Gambit <gambit@rm-f.net> writes:

> I've been a big fan of the BSD-style license.  It lets you do what
> you want.  Period.  No wierd clauses, no inclusion clauses, nothing
> like that.

This is my preference too.  The MIT license is just as good.  Both are
known to be compatiable with GPL and a whole range of other open
source licenses.  Lawyers don't need to be consulted when you use one
of them.  Even Microsoft has explicitly said these two are okay.  (Of
course, they don't like GPL and LGPL, but that's another story.)

John