Joshua Jensen wrote:
> It's a Catch-22.  If Lua is GPL'ed, there is no way Lua would ship in
> many commercial products again, especially since most companies, I would
> suppose, can't afford to release their source code publicly.  On the
> other hand, you can't embed Lua in a GPL'ed product.

At no time did I suggest that Lua switch to a GPL license.

Your conclusion that Lua can't be embeded in GPL'd software is
unfounded.  That's exactly why I've posed the question: is the Lua
license GPL compatible?  It needs an official answer.  Or if Lua adopted
a standard license the answer is readily available at
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/license-list.html.

-John

--
OpenPGP encrypted mail welcome.