Roberto wrote:
Is there any update on the possibility of changing to a standard license?

No, but now Lua is classified as "free software" by the FSF (which means
that its license was verified by them). See

   http://www.gnu.org/directory/lua.html

I would like an important question answered: Is the Lua license compatible with the GPL? (I know the GPL is not well liked on this list, but I hope not to prompt another round of bashing.) It would be a simple question to answer if Lua was under a standard license. Having the FSF acknowledge Lua as free software does not shed light on things.

-John

--
OpenPGP encrypted mail welcome.