[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: about the next version
- From: Roberto Ierusalimschy <roberto@...>
- Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 13:42:06 -0300
> But the 'global ... in <table>' is something completely different. It doesn't
> address the mentioned 'need'. It introduces a method for complicated dynamic
> variable bindings and my fear is that you get even more complex rules (Which
> identifier accesses which object?) than the rules in C++. Reading sources
> may become a nightmare.
I did not understand your point. The binding rules seem quite simple to me:
1) look for an explicit declaration for that variable, using the usual
2) if there is no explicit declaration, look for the inner default
3) if there are no default declarations, the variable is a "free" global.