>> > - Has its own ctype macros to make identifiers locale independent.
>>
>> Well, originally, identifiers *are* voluntarily locale dependent, at least
>> it is documented... But as Visual Basic shown, if it is friendly for a locale
>> developper (which can type identifiers in its own language), it is
>> problematic for exchanging source code over nations.

It is easier to allow "strange" identifiers. The lexer uses isalnum and
isalpha and these happen to depend on the locale. That's all, we didn't do
anything special to allow "strange" identifiers. Perhaps we should simply
remove the sentence about this in the manual.

>> > - Adds "long comments": --[[ comment ]] (see Lua-Wiki power patches).

This will be added to the next version.
--lhf