[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: EndOfLine Pattern Matching
- From: Markus Huber <pulse@...>
- Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 02:34:45 +0200 (BST)
Thanks for your help. Now I know that an enhanced strfind() which
accepts pattern tables is the best solution.
1. Only one place - better for later speed enhancements
2. Enhancement is useable for further jobs too
And if speed should be a problem then I can always think again about a
local performant solution. Also think the suggestion to preprocess the
string isn't much faster but possible include new problems.
Due to the fact that preserving the content/format of the file/string is
needed I prefer the method to check the format to use the corresponding
pattern. But only if enhanced strfind() is to slow.