> for example, you can have harsh (but simple) requirements such as
> "the code must not contain any looping constructs" or even "the code must
> not contain any control constructs". Such requirements are easy to check
> statically thanks to the simple and uniform structure of Scheme code.

You forgot about recursive loops. Will you put "the code must not
contain any calls" in your requirements? I guess you need them for
"cons", "list", etc. You also need some kind of assignment, if you want
to send cyclic data. If you allow calls and assignment, then to check
for recursive calls is not that trivial ;-)

-- Roberto