> The more I think about it, the more I believe Scheme is better suited.
> The Lua parser allows only a combined parsing and execution which is
> insecure in an RPC context. In Scheme, read() and eval() allow to
> transfer code as a data that can be checked before execution.

In Lua 4.1 you can "compile" the code without running it, with
loadstring/ loadfile. Moreover, you can build a secure environment
changing the global table to a new one, that does not contain dangerous
functions (such as writeto and execute). As an extreme case, you can
use an empty global table, if all you want is to rebuild some data
structure.

-- Roberto