I have learned from Roberto Ierusalimschy's talk at Harvard that Lua has
an extremely fast parser. This make me think that Lua syntax would be a
good format to use for an RPC protocol between two applications that
talk to each other. Both applications would have a Lua interpreter that
receives and sends out the data. While the parser in Lua is there for
the incoming data I am interested in a print() or write() function that
the receiving side could use to send back an answer. Ideally such a
function would be able to print every Lua data structure in Lua syntax
such that it can be read back by the Lua parser. Scheme implements this
functionality with read() and write() and I think it is a very powerful
concept. Comments?

-- Christian

--
Christian Lindig          Harvard University - EECS
lindig@eecs.harvard.edu   33 Oxford St, MD 242, Cambridge MA 02138