Anyone have this list archived somewhere or something?

mail-archive.com will archive lists like this
automatically, maybe someone has done that...

Also, maybe we can make this a standard usenet newsgroup
or get a better and ad-free discussion setup...

Pair.com, the webhost I use, has virtual accounts that
would more than suffice with a phpBB2 installation or
with a regular old mailing list...

I even have a few hundred megs free on my account we
could use in the meantime if this was desirable.

I just think anything would be less annoying than Yahoo.