[Josh Martel <josh@joshmartel.net>]
> Has anyone had any experience getting Lua to compile/run on a Gameboy
> Advance?

I've done so -- if you pull out the compiler side, leaving just the
bytecode runtime you can get it down to about 17K of THUMB code ...
not too shabby.  Provided you have enough libc-ish support (and you
don't need a lot), it's pretty easy to compile.  One fun thing I
did was build luac into the remote debugging tool I built so you
can type one-liner lua programs in and have them byte-compiled and
shot over to the GBA to fiddle with the current state of things.

Unfortunately this stuff is pretty hackish right now, but if there
is interest, I could try to clean it up enough that I wouldn't be
too embarrassed about putting the sources online somewhere.

An earlier version of the remote console stuff is online at
http://www.frotz.net/gbadev/ -- one of these weekends I hope to
update all this and include the lua stuff as well.

Brian

--
 Brian Swetland ..: | "This patch fixes the Problem of Evil and
 swetland@frotz.net |  the dangling-else ambiguity." -- acb